You don’t need a lot of fancy products in your laundry room to make your clothes sparkle. Check out these simple tricks for getting your clothes and shoes cleaner.
1. Use natural laundry soap for washing natural fibers such as cotton and silk.
2. Add a half-cup of baking soda to the wash cycle along with your normal detergent to get rid of odors and residues left in clothing.
3. Add a cup of vinegar to your wash to remove any residue left by fabric softeners.
4. Naturally bleach clothes with lemon juice and sunshine. Just add a half-cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle and hang clothes outside to dry.
5. Add a half-cup of hydrogen peroxide to the rinse cycle to whiten clothes.
6. Make your own laundry starch by mixing two teaspoons of cornstarch with a cup of water. Pour into a spray bottle and have at it.